Best Espresso Machine Under 200
If you’re anything like us, it is easier to put down a shot of espresso than it is to guzzle down 8 ounces of coffee. Unfortunately, espresso machines are quite expensive which is why we have put together a list for the best espresso machine under 200.
Aside from water, coffee is the most consumed drink in the world. Most people consume it daily for both the caffeine and the health benefits of it. It serves as fuel for the morning and evening crowds, making it a perfect all-day beverage choice. Whether you are a first responder putting in a long shift, a student studying for a big exam, or a mom trying to make it through the day, coffee helps!
Espresso machines are designed to make the process simple. You put your finely ground coffee into the machine, add your water and watch the delicious shot of espresso pour into your espresso cup. Espresso machines are becoming more elaborate and expensive as the demand is increasing, especially if you want to pull a flavorful and crema rich shot of espresso.
However, there are still cost-effective options available when buying an espresso machine. These machines may not produce the absolute best espresso, but they get the job done with a version called depresso espresso (DIY espresso at home). Rather than spending all that money for a Starbucks doubleshot espresso, check out our list for the best espresso machine under 200.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Nespresso by Breville | Depresso Espresso
Nespresso by Breville Overview
Automatic Coffee Machine
By pressing a single button, you are able to create a wonderful cup of coffee or espresso at ease. The quality of the coffee and espresso is equivalent to that of what a professional barista could produce. You don’t need any added instructions, just put in the coffee and press the button. The capsules you use in this machine will only be Nespresso capsules which are still cheaper than going to Starbucks for a Starbucks doubleshot espresso.
Versatile Coffee and Espresso Maker
The espresso machine can make coffee in five different cup sizes. Whether you want a just a little coffee, or enough to serve an office, the machine can handle it. You can make any coffee derivatives with the right measurement thanks to the machine’s versatility. We may refer to it as depresso espresso, but there is nothing depressing about this machine.
Smart Coffee Maker
The espresso machine is smart enough to ensure that each coffee cup has a similar result. Without focusing on weighing out your ground coffee like many of us coffee snobs do, you can get a similar and consistent experience delivered to your espresso cup, every time. One reason we classify this as the best espresso machine under 200 is because it has technology that can identify the cup size and brew your coffee appropriately. This technology is not a common feature on a depresso espresso machine.
Every new Nespresso machine comes with free capsules for up to 12 coffee servings. Each of these capsules usually comes in a different flavor, giving you a diverse experience on each serving. Although these espresso pods will be gone before you know it, it makes for a nice surprise when you open the box.
The machine is equipped with some impressive features. It is lightweight, weighing in at just 40oz. There is a water tank which is detachable, so it is easy to refill. The water heats up quickly so you will have your coffee or espresso in seconds.
Like we mentioned, a depresso espresso isn't quite as good as if you went to a cafe, but this espresso machine does a good job. Unlike the others listed, the depresso in this depresso espresso is nonexistent.
Nespresso machines come with some benefits that makes them a great choice. These benefits are common but not all espresso machines have them. These include:
- It is energy saving and it automatically powers off if you don’t use it for 9 minutes.
- It has a one touch brew feature, so it is very easy to use. No need for any added measurements on your part.
- The water tank can be removed and replaced easily, so you can refill it easily, or wash it with ease.
There are only a few features that users are not comfortable with. Some of these features include:
- You can only use Nespresso cups with the machine. So, if you don’t have one, you can’t make a shot of espresso, or a Triple Espresso as some of you prefer.
- The espresso that comes out is not always the hottest, which means that your espresso cup and steamed milk should be as warm as possible to maintain the temperature.
Brewsly 15 Bar | Best Espresso Beans
Brewsly 15 Bar Overview
The quality of the coffee and espresso that this machine produces is great. Many people have compared it to some of the best commercial coffee. The machine setting can also be adjusted to suit your needs, giving you a variety with this machine.
The machine is equipped with a dual temperature control setting. This ensures that the water and milk are mixed at different temperatures. This will help you get optimal taste from your coffee and espresso cups. You can adjust the temperature of the milk based on the type of coffee you are trying to make, latte, macchiato, cappuccino, etc.
Single Shot and Dual Shot Capabilities
The coffee is dispensed in shots. One shot will fill a small espresso cup and two shots will fill a larger espresso cup. The machine can be adjusted to contain larger cups with ease for those of you looking to pull a triple espresso shot.
Lightweight and Sleek Design
The machine is very sleek and is also built with a stainless-steel body making it tough and durable.
Best Espresso Beans
This espresso machine shines when you use the best espresso beans possible. Although the best espresso beans are different depending on your taste preferences, we recommend going the traditional route with a dark espresso bean rather than a blonde espresso bean.
There are some features of the espresso machine that the users love and enjoy. Some of these features include:
- The stainless-steel body is easier to tidy up as compared to other body types.
- It is small, which allows for less counter space for your coffee stand. It is also easy to move as it is not too heavy.
- It doesn’t take long for the coffee to brew so it saves you time when you are in a hurry, much quicker than waiting in a long line for a Starbucks doubleshot espresso.
While the machine has many features that we love, there are some features we wish we could change. Some of these features include:
- While the larger coffee mugs and espresso cups will fit underneath, it takes a bit of a struggle to do so. This is minor, but for those of us that drink coffee all day long, it is a slight annoyance.
- The temperature in which the espresso comes out at is not the hottest, especially if you plan to add milk and other coffee condiments.
NESCAFE Dolce Gusto | Triple Espresso
NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Overview
Pressure Based System
The espresso machine is designed to apply pressure to the coffee to produce the best flavor and aroma. When the espresso and coffee is made, the cup is sealed to maintain the aroma and flavor for you, allowing for the best coffee experience.
Easy To Learn
The product is extremely easy to navigate and master. You get to choose how intense your coffee flavors are and you even get notified by an LED light during the process.
The machine can make at least 15 different flavors and types of coffee. Therefore, you can get variety from this machine or stick with your preferred choice. We love the espresso shot that this espresso machine is able to put out.
The product is usually made to fit the voltage demands of circuitry of homes in the USA. When the machine is inactive for five minutes, it powers off to save power.
Although you can't make a triple espresso in one pull, it certainly tastes like it is a triple espresso. With such an easy brewing time and ample room under the coffee spout, a triple espresso is easily achievable.
There are many features that people seem to enjoy on this budget friendly espresso machine. Some of these features include:
- The espresso machine is easy to operate, no barista needed which is why we are deeming it a best espresso machine under 200.
- The design of the machine is elegant and sleek, allowing for you to proudly display it on your coffee station.
- Whether it’s decaf espresso, blonde espresso or a triple espresso, this machine can do it all.
While the machine is a great product, there are some things that people wish could be changed. Some of these things include:
- The water compartment does not detach easily, so refilling the water can be stressful.
- Again, like the other machines we have mentioned, the temperature of the actual espresso can be a little too cold for some that plan to add a heavy serving of milk or cream to the espresso cup.
Barsetto Espresso Machine | Blond Espresso
Barsetto Espresso Machine Overview
Using a pressure system, this espresso machine is able to easily and efficiently extract the ground coffee, ensuring that your coffee has the best flavor and aroma possible.
Different coffee strength levels
You can adjust the machine to produce different strength levels. Also, by altering the milk settings, you get a different flavor each time depending on how much milk you would like in your espresso cup.
Milk frothing wand
The wand will help to mix the coffee with the milk to ensure you get a great taste with each cup. This frothing wand won’t help you with your latte art though, but it’s a start.
Traditionally, people consume their espresso beverage with a darker roasted espresso coffee bean. However, the third wave culture likes to experiment with lighter blonde espresso beans which we highly recommend for this coffee maker.
The temperatures of milk and the water can have a huge impact on the quality of the esprsso. You can adjust both to get the taste you desire. The water tank is big, so you don’t have to refill the tank after every cup.
There are some of the features on this espresso machine that many coffee drinkers prefer over other machines. Some of these features include:
- It makes coffee at different temperatures depending on the requirements of the user, like we said, it is highly temperature controlled. Most don’t understand the value of this, but if you are a coffee aficionado like me, this is huge!
- The coffee maker is small, so it doesn’t take up much space on your coffee stand. It is also lightweight and easy to move.
- The quality that this espresso machine puts out is top quality. There is no doubt whether or not this belongs as a best espresso machine under 200.
Even though the coffee maker is a fantastic choice, there are a few things we would change if we had the chance. Some of these features include:
- The machine requires a little more power to run which is expected for such an efficient device capable of extracting a delicious espresso.
- Replacement parts are expensive which is to be expected with a higher end model.
Ninja Specialty Fold Away Frother Overview
Some people prefer Iced coffee and you can create it with this machine. Just pour your freshly brewed coffee over ice and get instant Iced coffee.
Different Brew Sizes
There are different sizes of coffee you can brew on this machine. Ranging up to six choices for your convenience.
Depending on your requirements, you can brew your coffee to different rates. Whether you want a latte or a macchiato, you can get it on this machine.
Fold Away Frother
You can create froth instantly from milk regardless of the temperature.
The product has a few features that make it a perfect choice for your coffee needs. Some of these features include:
- Easy to wash. You can also wash it using a dishwasher as it is dishwasher friendly.
- The water reservoir is detachable. So, you can easily refill it when it is empty.
- It has an integrated smart scoop. So, you can easily measure the correct quantity needed to make coffee. We still recommend weighing out your coffee with a scale though.
- Preserve temperature of the coffee: The coffee can remain hot for as long as four hours. This is perfect for the stay at home mom that can’t always find the time to finish their cup of coffee or espresso right away.
There are some of the features of this espresso machine that we may not like even though the machine is great. Some of these features include:
- Espresso beans: If you are going to use espresso beans in this machine, you will need to grind them properly (very fine)
- Although this can be used as an espresso machine, the strongest setting tastes more like a coffee concentration which is good enough for some. If you are looking for crema, this may not be the best option.
Enjoy learning about the best espresso machine under 200? Be sure to check out our weekly blogs to stay in the know! Also, follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest news from Black Ink Coffee Company.